Friday, March 25, 2016

Once, For All

Bless the Children by Alix Beaujour, http://bit.ly/1UgyiwM

Whether you buy in to this belief system or not, our tradition is that it existed, so work with me a little here. My problem with the whole thing is, though, that some people keep acting like it's not done with and hasn't been taken care of but guess what, IT'S DONE WITH AND IT'S BEEN TAKEN CARE OF SO STOP MAKING PEOPLE PAY FOR IT OVER AND OVER AGAIN. I feel better now. The reason that I pay so much attention to these days of remembrance is because I think this sage we call Jesus once, for all time and for all kind, became the propitiation in the divide between us and God. This divide existed because of a berserk set of laws, and those laws actually defined the division between us and God. When those laws were broken reparation was required. Instead of supplying endless offerings, a personage stood in place of those offerings and fulfilled, once, for all, every debt owed for every law written. Since that moment, everyone has been encouraged to live life to its fullest as we were, at that moment, made emancipated spiritual beings with no encumbrances between us and the bounties of this universe. Whether this tradition is true or not, one thing I do know: the history I have, believe, and hold dear is that this terribly wise man came in to this belief system, saw that most people were getting it all wrong, and tried to show us that the root of all peace and an end to all trial and strife was the practice of a coupla things: don't point a finger at someone because three are always three pointing back at you; forgive yourself then others quickly; and, since we're all in this together, be quick to love and try to give of yourself freely and tirelessly. I sure as shootin' fall short of these practices most moments of the day, and it's hard not to be judge-ie and stingy, but I find it a delightful way to live. Join me, won't you? xoxo

No comments: