Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Philippians 2: Stop Bitching and Trust God, Will Ya?

image source https://pixelsandstories.files.wordpress.com
<Do everything without murmuring, complaining, grumbling, grousing, or questioning the protective care of God or of nature as a spiritual power.>
Paul could have picked any number of moral issues to challenge the church in Philippi but instead he tells them to buck up and cut the crap; if we're going to walk in The Way then we're just gonna have to create beauty and blessings with positive declarations, as the power of life and death is in the tongue, and trust that we are cared for, provided for, and protected. It's funny, I got on the elevator with someone yesterday who, for TWENTY FLOORS, streamed a bitch fest about the weather, about the rain, about her shoes, about her hair. Innocuous, I know, but I thought of the flowers, people who don't have shoes, people in chemo who don't have hair, and I didn't think judgmentally, I promise, but I just thought, you know, I bet you never contemplate those things at all, do you, or you couldn't possibly say the things you're saying. I really had to shake off her grumbling because when people bitch that much at the top of a day, all I want is to swap them out with my dead friend Jon Lipscomb who greeted every morning with a gasp and a, HEY GEWRL! WHEE ! LET'S GET GOING and see what this day has to offer !! <For the birds who sing outside my window, for the tree that stands outside my door, for the neighbor who waves and says "good morning", I give you thanks for these and so much more. Your blessings every morning know no limit, yet I often rush by not seeing them. Let me take a moment this and every morning, God, I pray, to remember all of them, and remember and know that you are here. >  (http://bit.ly/dailyprayerus sort of)

No comments: