Tuesday, March 15, 2011

. . .AND GOD SAID “NO.”

a Christian poem by Claudia Minden Weisz

I asked God to take away my pride,
And God said “No.”
God said it was not for God to take away,
But for me to give up.

I asked God to grant me patience,
And God said, “No.”
God said patience is a by-product of me surrendering my worries and my troubles over to God and trusting in God’s provision and resting in the peace of God’s Holy Spirit.

I asked God to give me happiness,
And God said “No.”
God said God gives me blessings every second of the day.
It is up to me to see the blessings all around me … happiness is up to me.

I asked God to make my spirit grow,
And God said “No.”
God said I must grow on my own,
But God assured me God is holding my hand the entire way, carrying me at some points, loving me, protecting me and guiding me.

I asked God if God loved me,
And God said “Of course I love you . . . I created you in my image, unique and priceless.”

I asked God to help me love others as much as God loves me,
And God said, “Ah! Finally you have the idea.”

Prayer
God our Savior, bring us back to you and fill our minds with your wisdom. May we be enriched by our observance of Lent. Through Jesus Christ we pray. Amen

No comments: