Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Mercury Retrograde, Carrying the Cross of Jesus

I'm such an idiot ... the entire day was out of step; almost every single thing was askew today ... not wrong ... just out of step. I have a semi-vicious transfer at 59th and Lex under Bloomies to get from the 6 to the N/Q and at rush hour that baybee gets PACKED like that scene in Crocodile Dundee. Wuhl, the second before the doors closed, Sir Doucherie decided to to honour me by riding from 59th and Lex to Queensboro Plaza INSIDE MY HINEY hole. After he got off the train I wondered what in the world was going on and then I realised it was the first day of Mercury going RETROgrade, ARGH !!!

One thing I love to remember, especially during Mercury retrogrades is, God needs me to be EXACTLY where I am.  If I miss a train it just means that either (a) there's something I need to do right here and/or (b) God is keeping me from some hidjeousness up ahead. I came home to say a centering prayer for breath during the next week fews weeks and fell upon a WONDERFUL post from one of my dear friends at Church.  more, after the jump ... He reflects on Third Station: The Cross is laid on Simon of Cyrene.

We spend our lives moaning about being marginalized, being overlooked, not being noticed for our specialness ... we also spend our Christian lives praying from Isaiah and Samuel: "Here I am, Lord! Send Me!" Wuhl, what if God DID point to us and say, "You there, come ... I need you!" What are we going to do, sheepishly wave and say, "No, no, I'm good over here, THANKS, though!" or will we answer, as Mary, the first to lay down her life for the sake of the Christ, did: "I am the Lord's servant. May it be to me as you have said."

Maybe it's called a Christian Walk and the WAY of the Cross because we're always supposed to be in motion, actively searching ways in which we can be of service to God. That way God doesn't need to call us out of the crowd ... we're saving God time by already WORKING the crowd so let's WORK it, children!

Thanks for sharing, I'm sure ...

No comments: