Thursday, March 17, 2011

Pray All Day Long

John 4:23-24
A time will come ... guess what! that time is already here ! when the true and genuine worshipers of God will worship God in their spirit and in truth; for they are the kind of worshippers God is seeking. God is a Spirit...a spiritual Being...and those who worship God must worship God in spirit and in truth.

God intended for prayer to bring joy.

Every true believer wants to fellowship with God—to talk to God and allow God to get involved in every detail of his life. Multitudes spend their lives thinking that they have to pray, and that prayers need to be formal and written down and that there is some sort of formula for perfect prayer and therefore never realize that they are praying all the time and CAN pray all the time, if they would just set their minds to it.

We human beings were created by God for liberty, not legalism. We are to be led by the Holy Spirit and not by the demands of the Law. If we want joy in prayer, we must be willing to follow the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit brings variety into our prayer life.

Observant Jewish people have different required prayers for so many things during their day: when they smell a wonderful fragrance they say, God, PRAISE you for creating this wonderful fragrance and praise you for my ability to smell it. When they see beautiful colours in the sky they say, PRAISE you God for painting the sky such beautiful colours that they might brighten my spirit and fill me with joy. The even say prayers after they go to the bathroom: PRAISE you God that I can go to the bathroom when so many are on dialysis and have had colostomies, that I am able to go to the bathroom.

If you wait for the "perfect" time to put a call in to God you're missing talking to God at so many different times of the day. Don't save up for one big weekly call ... call God throughout the day, praising God for small miracles (like when your PRINTER finally works or your boss actually says "thank you") and ask God for help during the day (like when your printer won't work or your boss is being a pill).

Don't put God in a box. God has many ways of leading you if you will permit God to be the Leader while you become the follower.

God -- help me to realise you live inside of me and are a part of my thoughts and a part of my daily walk. Help me to realise that you desire an intimate relationship with me and help me open up to you during little joys and little trials throughout the day. I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments: