Tuesday, March 29, 2011

If God is a DJ life is the dance floor, love is the rhythm and you are the music.

If God is a DJ, life is the dance floor, love is the rhythm and you are the music. -- PINK
This seems so silly, but I’ve been trying all last week to think of how to say it and Pink gave me the inspiration:

What if, just for a moment, we believed everything God says about us -- that God made us just like this for God's pleasure, that God promises all these wonderful things for our lives and if we wait with praise-filled hearts all good things will come to us. That God is our parent – the super-super-natural variety, not like some parents who disappoint … a parent responsible for every single thing and every single provision in our lives. A parent who is always encouraging us, a parent who is always cheering us on, a parent who says, “ooo … you used to LOVE to paint, why don’t you paint me something, you're so good at it!” A parent who stands on the sidelines, even in our mind and heart, with a positive voice, who says, “That’s RIGHT! You ARE the best, I don’t make junk, I only make achievers, I only make the highest quality being, I made you specifically like this to do that job in my name or meet that person in my name and you’re doing GREAT!” A parent who supplies abundantly, a parents who wants to hear from us not to guilt us, not to chastize us, just to hear from us .. a checkup call, like, “Hey, God, How are ya, it’s me! I was just thinking of you. Remember when you made those flowers that bloom in the Spring? They’re GORGEOUS ! and I saw them and thought of you so I thought I’d call and say ‘Hey!’”

If God IS a DJ and we are the music, then what song does God hear playing when God wakes us up each morning with that first breath of awareness. Do we awake with a gasp of joy and thanksgiving, the expectation of another opportunity to experience all that God has for us. Or does God hear regret and groaning at another day stretching out before us. Do people hear sweet music when they press PLAY on the CD of our lives? Or is it a tired old CD people have heard over and over again, same old story, different day or different cast of characters? Is it a shrill horrible screeching sound of complaint and misery? Or do people hear a glorious symphony of encouragement from us? Do they hear the sweet strains of praise and power? Do they hear the gentle comfort of water as it trips and falls down a river bringing peace to the ears of those who hear it? or as it taps on leaves as it refreshes the trees as it rains …

Love is the rhythm which plays in our hearts … the beat of the Holy Spirit, with every pulse of our heart: God loves you. God loves you. God loves you. “You must love others AS you love yourself.” Let’s begin with compassion in our own hearts for ourselves in the knowledge that we are chosen, we are loved, we are watched over … which will help us turn to God to say, “thanks … I really enjoy spending this time with you … now let me pass that joy on.”

No comments: