Sunday, December 7, 2014

Best Brownie EVER

Original recipe @ Hershey's Kitchens here: http://bit.ly/1yYMbmi

You need this. Trust me. It bakes for 20 minutes, it takes less than 10 to put together and you prolly have everything on hand, or make sure you do, because this will be your go-to emergency chocolate treat. 

P.S.: there's a recipe for frosting at the bottom? It's nice and all, but I don't think you need it.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease a sturdy 8x8 pan. Glass is not ideal, but it's fine.

RECIPE:
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/3 cup Hershey's powdered cocoa
  • 1/4 TEAspoon baking POWDER
  • 1/4 TEAspoon salt
  • 1 stick melted butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 TEAspoon vanilla and eventually
  • 2 eggs
baked for 20 - 25 minutes

  • I measure out the sugar and put the vanilla in there.
  • I melt the butter first.
  • I mix the dry ingredients.
  • I pour the sugar in the butter, then mix that in the dry ingredients.
  • I whisk the eggs in a cup and then add to the mixture then
  • pour in to the pan and bake.

The recipe calls for 20 - 25 minutes. 
What I do is set the timer for 10, twirl the pan and let it go for 10 more.
It's always perfect and a TEENY bit not-quite-done in places.

They include a recipe for icing, but I can't imagine...

ICING
blend
  • 3 TABLEspoons of butter
  • 3 TABLEspoons of cocoa
  • 1 TABLEspoon of light (karo) syrup
  • 1/2 TEAspoon of vanilla
into
  • 1 cup of powdered sugar
add 2 TABLEspoons of milk, as needed, to be able to spread that over the brownie.

ENJOY ! !

No comments: