Wednesday, February 26, 2020

I love you, Mother, really I do, but let's not be sticky about it.

Image may contain: 4 people, people standing

Our current Book of Common Prayer sprinkles words with JUST the right amount of penitence in order to obtain a broken and contrite heart, in my humble opinion, without getting ridickie-poo about it ("I love you, Mother, really I do, but let's not be sticky about it. ~ Veda, MILDRED PIERCE).
I love in the bidding of Ash Wednesday, reciting our Lenten history, it's said, "It was also a time when those who, because of NOTORIOUS ! sins, had been separated from the body of the faithful were reconciled by penitence and forgiveness, and restored to the fellowship of the Church."
I find that JUST the right dramatic tone, no? Listen, I do take VERY seriously, though, the schedule set out in the bidding for a Meaningful Lent, because I feel it keeps us all on track, no? balanced and focused, spiritually toned and taut, and the perfect workout to bring up from the death of Winter to the RIOT ! of spring.
<< I invite you, therefore to the observance of a holy Lent,
by self-examination and repentance;
by prayer, fasting, and self-denial; and
by reading and meditating on God's holy Word ...>>
Let's give this all a try, shall we? LOVE YOU!

No comments: