Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Oh, God, make us brave for life



Oh, God, make me brave for life: oh, braver than this.
Let me straighten after pain, as a tree straightens after the rain, shining and lovely again.
Oh, God, make me brave for life: oh, much braver than this.
As the blown grass lifts, let me rise from sorrow with quiet eyes, knowing Thy Way is True and Wise.
Oh, God, make me brave for life: for life brings such blinding things.
Help me to keep my sight.
Help me to see aright
that out of doubt comes light.
Let me always remember, in You is life,
and the power to bestow life,
and that life is the Light of humankind.
The Light shines on in the darkness,
and the darkness does not understand the Light,
and the darkness is unreceptive to the Light
and the darkness cannot overpower the Light,
and the darkness cannot appropriate or absorb the Light.
All shall be well, and
All shall be well, and
All manner of thing shall be well.

No comments: