Thursday, June 18, 2020

Yay God ! Great job !

Image may contain: plant, flower, nature and outdoor
photo: Ajay Kumar https://twitter.com/ajaykh23

It's so funny to trip over this poem this morning. I don't know if the feeling every comes over you, as it does me, a flood of love, an explosion of joy an overwhelming sense of peace in just offering thanksgivings for this moment right here; that feeling of knowing where all your loved ones are at one moment in time, a contented feeling that all manner of thing shall be well ...
I'm cobbling together a bio for something, and thought, My spiritual practices and beliefs weren't really HANDED to me, I mean, I know I was raised in a faith tradition, but there was never any One True Church business going on, I was taught from early on that The Missing Years of Jesus were most probably spent on an Ashram in India, and that every spiritual practice and mythology had a Creation Story, and a flood story, and they were all just ways to explain the unexplainable.
There was nothing other than a deep Knowing in me that There Is God, that there is something outside of us which is also inside of us, and I've spent my life trying to learn more about this in any language from any one under any name every day I'm alive, trying the spirits, and synthesizing these concepts to be able to share the beauty of the simplicity of God with any one who can hear it. And against all obstacles, I just always want to say, "Thank you," and "Great job!" and "How did you come up with PERIWINKLE ! 's GAWjus !"
So it's funny Joy Meade thought the same thing too. xoxo :
<< Meditation on reason and beauty:
I watch an orange-tip
as it settles on a periwinkle
and hold the moment remembering alongside it
the dragonfly that once rested on my shoulder,
the crystal drops of rainwater on the lady’s mantle leaves,
the delicate opening
of lime-green beech leaves,
the promise
of a blossoming orchard
and the hum
of insects,
the smell of the damp woods or watercress,
a deer or a fox
as it pauses and stares
making
for a moment
eye contact,
strangely uplifting.
And I question:
can reason explain
the joy of these moments,
the intensity of feeling, as my body responds
and my heart leaps
as it might also
to a painting, a poem or piece of music,
the way I’m moved
by colour, sound, form
or the deep feeling that comes from watching the sea,
the waves bursting on the shore, the sense of something timeless?
These patterns of being
and being alive
delight without dominating.
We might search
for purpose or meaning
but do we understand
the commitment to enjoy, do we understand
the noble sense,
the desire for what is right and good,
aroused by beauty.>> ~ Joy Meade
Copyright © Joy Mead 2019

No comments: