Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Advent 2 2015 02 Tuesday

photo source: http://bit.ly/1NDbx1T
<Let me to-day do something that shall take a little sadness from the world’s vast store, and may I be so favoured as to make of joy’s too scanty sum a little more. Let me not hurt, by any selfish deed or thoughtless word, the heart of foe or friend; nor would I pass, unseeing, worthy need, or sin by silence when I should defend. However meagre be my worldly wealth, let me give something that shall aid a soul – a word of courage, or a thought of health, dropped as I pass for troubled hearts to find. Let the Universe to-night look back across the span ‘twixt dawn and dark, and to my conscience say, because of some good act to beast or person – “The world is better that you lived today.” ~ Ella Wheeler Wilcox >

No comments: