Friday, December 18, 2015

Advent 3 2015 05 Friday

<There's an African American song, 19th Century, which is so great. It says, "When it look like the sun wann't gonna shine anymore God put a rainbow in the clouds". Imagine ! and I've had so many rainbows in my clouds. I've had a lot of clouds! but I have had so many rainbows. And one of the things, when I go anywhere, I bring every one who has ever been kind to me with me. I say, come with me, I need you now. Long dead ... you see? so I don't ever feel I have no help. I've had rainbows in my clouds. and the thing to do, it seems to me, is to prepare yourself so you can be a rainbow in somebody else's cloud. Somebody who may not look like you. may not call God the same name you call God - if they call God at all, you see? and may not eat the same dishes prepared the way you do. may not dance your dances or speak your language. But be a blessing to somebody. That's what I think. - Maya Angelou>

No comments: