Sunday, December 27, 2015

Courtesy, Civility, Kindness: A study


I married in to a gaggle of beautiful strong and brilliant women. This one cousin continually heals my soul and saves me over and again. Yesterday she gave me this one about the vicious circle of I'm-Not-Worthy-I'm-A-Horrible-Person and yet / I'm-Perfect-and-Better-Than-Everyone Else:
dasch: The 60s was all about voicing the wrongs surrounding us and the hateful behaviour of other people...look where that got us. We have a responsibility to the Universe to stop pointing out what stinks and start calling in to existence what gives life. I think perhaps we need to acknowledge that yes, people exhibit hideous behaviours and yes, we have strong feelings about that (and certainly we're allowed to have these feelings), but the most productive subsequent step is to exhale thanksgivings for others' very deity and their being's service to humankind (whether their actions promote the common welfare or they are simply actions re-acting from the pool of their own pain), but we must make painting a universe filled with Courtesy and Civility and Kindness a requirement, and then together we can make it so.
(p.s., "I have only made this letter longer because I have not had the time to make it shorter." (St. Blaise ... )
I'll work on this wording) xoxo


No comments: