Thursday, December 31, 2015

PERFECT oven chicken


my girlfriend Kristina is brilliant. eye have NEVER been able to fry chicken. It doesn't matter the recipe, I've come close with a SouthernPlate's Fuss Free Fried Chicken recipe of oil in cast iron skillets in the oven, but it's frightening, pulling those pans of oil in and out of my oven from the 40s, and the dredging always cakes up on me ... on top of that, the chicken and always dries out on me, I don't know why.

Kristina takes wings, doesn't do a thing to them, and they come out BEAUTIFULLY. I use this recipe on thighs and legs.
  • single layer 
  • cookie sheet 
  • oven at 425, 
  • 30 minutes, 
  • flip, 
  • 30 minutes,
  • TA DA ! PERFECT chicken. 
Tips from me:
  • i sprayed the baking sheet, 
  • skin side down first, and they're GORGEOUS !
  • i poured of the schmaltz at 30 minutes (Kristina actually told me with the original recipe, you think at 30 minutes, nah, this isn't gonna be perfect and at 60 minutes you find out, IT'S PERFECT ! ! 

ENJOY ! xoxo

No comments: