Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Advent 4 2015 03 Wednesday



My mama, she told me to eat all my greens, my squash, and my okra, and my butter beans. She said that I'd grow up full-figured and tall and in love with me all of the fellers would fall. Now in matters of spirit my mama had smarts, she said, "Don't be content with the sum of your parts. You're not just a body, you're a heart, and soul, you're not just a part, you're a whole." Now the truth of our beauty is a bright inner glow 'cause we're all just the same down inside, don't you know, and a gal or a feller who is a good speller knows a woman's just a man with a wo. Wo, wo, wo, wo! Don't be a quitter, give it all that you can! Be a transmitter of love across the land! And just like a streetlight on a bald-headed man, Shine ! Shine ! Shine ! 
The Society of Saint John the Evangelist, a monastic community of The Episcopal Church & The Anglican Church of Canada's AdventWord of the day.

Ms. Perry Payne Millner​ in Keith Thompson​'s Kooky Tunes

No comments: